Sunday, November 4, 2012

Nexus 7


I have never considered myself to be an early adopter when it comes to technology. But when the Nexus 7 was announced I wanted one, badly! However due circumstances beyond my control I was unable to get one of my very own until now. The wait has been a long one but it was worth it. This device is absolutely lovely, and as each day goes by I find new ways to keep my eyes glued to its screen. For the most part comics and novels have accounted for the majority its use, but slowly I am finding more games on the Play Store that interest me. Regarding comics, DC's "New 52" has kept me quite busy, and the more I read them, the more I want to expand into DC's older stuff. Regarding novels, I'm hooked on George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" series. I first got into Game of Thrones when the series was running on HBO and after two seasons I just knew I'd have to get into the novels.

One of my goals with this device is to use it to be more productive, wether it be taking notes in class, doing online homework or as a study aid. So far the most I have accomplished is using it to follow along my Professor's power points. One thing I am looking forward to using it for is the long plane ride home. Last time I had make do with the 4-inch screen of my Galaxy Nexus and I felt that I needed a bigger screen to get the full viewing pleasure that I so desired.

All in all I am loving this device, and I can't wait for Google's 4.2 update which will make me enjoy my tablet even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment